Thread: Addiction LXVII
View Single Post
Old 10-01-17, 09:08 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
So the mtb ride was really fun, wow that's a nice trail!

We wound up riding McGill and Jump trails at Mt Pinos in Frazier Park. It was "only" 5ish miles up, I mistakenly thought we were riding the fire road to the peak, which is after the trails. But the plan was always to just ride McGill & Jump.

McGill is steep, I think I looked at my Garmin to see we'd climbed 1200 ft in the first 2.7 miles. My legs were toast, I had to walk a lot of the steep bits.

It was warm enough at the start of the climb but we worked our way up to almost 8000 ft elevation & it was around 50F at the top. Went up in shorts and a short-sleeve jersey. Going down I added tights, a wool base layer arm warmers and a vest.

It went pretty well, the trail is more flowy than technical, really lovely. The biggest challenge is lots off narrow off-camber trail cut into the steep hillside. Definitely significant potential for sliding down the mountain. But I was kind of getting the hang of it in the end.

10 miles & 1800 ft of climbing. Rest day tomorrow, so ready for this one.