f4rrest
Farmer tan

Bikes: Allez, SuperSix Evo

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2870 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathpack
So the mtb ride was really fun, wow that's a nice trail!

We wound up riding McGill and Jump trails at Mt Pinos in Frazier Park. It was "only" 5ish miles up, I mistakenly thought we were riding the fire road to the peak, which is after the trails. But the plan was always to just ride McGill & Jump.

McGill is steep, I think I looked at my Garmin to see we'd climbed 1200 ft in the first 2.7 miles. My legs were toast, I had to walk a lot of the steep bits.

It was warm enough at the start of the climb but we worked our way up to almost 8000 ft elevation & it was around 50F at the top. Went up in shorts and a short-sleeve jersey. Going down I added tights, a wool base layer arm warmers and a vest.

It went pretty well, the trail is more flowy than technical, really lovely. The biggest challenge is lots off narrow off-camber trail cut into the steep hillside. Definitely significant potential for sliding down the mountain. But I was kind of getting the hang of it in the end.

10 miles & 1800 ft of climbing. Rest day tomorrow, so ready for this one.

What a lovely ride.

I was up most of the night and missed my usual Sunday AM ride but hit Mt Hollywood after lunch instead.

It was the usual zoo of tourists, dogs off leash, horses, and kamikaze riders... especially this late in the day.