Old 10-02-17, 08:52 PM
Flamme Rouge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
I've had two 38 mm Schwalbe G-One Allaround Microskin tires blow off the rim.
First, this sucks! Glad you're OK. I've got a couple of thousand miles on G-One Allarounds this year, zero drama and nothing but good things to say about them. I agree they roll surprisingly well, give decent grip in loose stuff, and have an excellent supple feel that takes some edge off a long day.

Schwalbe makes two versions of the tire, one is Tubeless Ready and one is not. And it's not always easy to tell them apart. I know this because I'm not willing to pay $75 for a tire and I look at a lot of eBay listings and bike ads to support my habit. I realized that most of the time the lower-priced tires were for the NON-tubeless version, even when the ad stated they were tubeless ready. Definitely a case of "buyer beware." If your tires are the tubeless version then Schwalbe has some work to do.

I've ridden Hutchinson Overides, Panaracer GKSKs, and Clement MSOs with good results. I like the Gravel Kings for really sharp, rocky terrain but I find them heavy and sluggish. The Overides have a suppleness and minimal tread that makes them one of my faves for packed dirt road riding (even though they are not TLR). The MSOs slot between the two, more towards the Gravel Kings. The G-Ones are also in the middle, closer to the Overides. All IMO, YMMV, etc. I do not trust Challenge tires at all based on bad experiences with a couple of different models. And as much as I like Compass BJPs, which is a lot, I find them a bit fragile and pricy.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted.