View Single Post
Old 10-05-17, 12:40 PM
TCR Rider

Bikes: Pinarello Dogma F8 Giant TCR Advanced 2 Jamis Coda

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 115 Posts
Today is exactly four weeks since the surgery. I'm told by my therapist that I'm ahead of schedule. While that may be true I've still got a long way to go. Where I'm at today is I'm able to walk two miles without a cane and walk up and down stairs normally using the handrail. I couldn't do that for at least 6 months leading up to the surgery. So that's good news but I'm not walking smoothly yet. I'm riding the bike on the trainer 30 min with light resistance but clipped into the pedals, I got tired of my feet slipping around so I took a chance and clipped in.
I'm going to PT 3 times a week and just started using the leg press machine. On the other days I do the exercises at home. Really on a mission to regain flexion and extension. As of yesterday flexion was at 127 deg and extension was just about normal - full extension. I'm really happy with that since it looks like I just might winning the battle against scar tissue. Still taking pain meds but I'm tapering down in the dosage and the time between doses. That and ice ice baby.
In no way am I saying this has been a walk in the park and sucking up the pain involved in the rehab every day gets old really fast but I'm hoping I'm just about cresting the hill.