View Single Post
Old 10-08-17, 11:50 AM
bmthom.gis

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 Rival; 2014 Cannondale Trail 7 29; 1972 Schwinn Suburban, 1996 Proflex 756, 1987(?) Peugeot, Dahon Speed P8; 1979 Raleigh Competition GS; 1995 Stumpjumper M2 FS, 1978 Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Prologue

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I like Timbuk2 stuff. I have a messenger bag for bikey things around the city, and the wife bought me a Tuck Pack for work and traveling (she did a custom design on it). Very different purposes, and I like both of them a lot! I use my Tuck Pack almost daily when I drive to work, and as carry on when I fly.

The messenger bag doesn't see a whole lot of use these days, but it is certainly big enough to take on an overnight trip somewhere. I had originally gotten it bc the wife used to work within biking distance of my work and I would often ride with her and bike over to my office. Those days are sadly over, and I would no longer call her office bikeable (I could still do it, but would save no time over just riding from the house).

I likely won't get different brands when it comes to backpacks and bags, I find their prices reflect their quality. I admit the straps on my Tuck Pack seem light, but there is also a lifetime warranty on all of their products.

Call me a fanboy if you will! The upside is that ever since The Better Half wandered into a Timbuk2 store on a business trip (none around me at all), she came home and said anytime I want or need a bag, as long as we aren't talking stupid expensive, the price is worth it

Glad you like yours so far!