View Single Post
Old 10-11-17, 12:29 AM
B. Carfree

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
This summer, a junkie broke the window to my car, and pulled my bike out, while I was taking a potty stop. In broad daylight, on a busy street. Bike is the only thing I own that I care about. I can relate to how you feel.
I'm about to send a PM recommending two places I love and don't want to see overcrowded.
Ugh, bike thieves are such a low form of life it's hard to count them among humans. A stolen bike costs the person who has been robbed so much more than the thief gets in return I almost wish they would just ask for cash so the deal isn't such an all-around loser (but of course they would come back endlessly, so that's not going to work).

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I'm really going to try to overcome my procrastinating nature and learn enough to make a decision long before we get to graduation day so we can take some extended trips at various times of year to our new candidate homes.

In the meantime, I'm going to do everything I can to help Eugene get back to where it was, or at least to make it better than it is. I simply can't bring myself to mentally check out for four years. This place has unmatched potential, but it seems like every decision made by every person with authority is bass-ackwards wrong.