Old 01-02-06, 09:02 PM
twilkins9076
TWilkins

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oboeguy
FWIW, I tend to run more during the winter (maybe 2-3 times per week, about the same time and distance as you) and phase running out as the weather gets better and the centuries get closer.
I also tend to run more in the winter. Usually three times a week for 4 miles each time as well as a lot of time on an eliptical machine. What that allows me to do is get a jump start on cycling in the spring, since I'm already in pretty good condition in terms of cardio. Makes it easy to get ready for long rides.

In addition, mixing up my training keeps me motivated and interested. I've never had to deal with burnout from a particular sport. I also found out last summer that if I would work in a couple of easy runs every week during cycling season, it makes it easier to transition over to running in the fall....seems to keep my calve muscles stretched and stronger.

If, however, you're only interested in cycling, and are working toward the "next level", you probably should only concentrate on cycling specific training.