elocs
Señor Member

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
Good point, but maybe lighten up a little. It's normal for people to feel a little smug about their own approach to cycling, but that doesn't mean they look down on those who approach it differently. Just because somebody celebrates themselves a little doesn't mean they're putting you down.
If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, walks like a duck then from my point of view it's a duck.
Perception is reality.
Again, my point is that we should at least have a more inclusive attitude and realize that we who ride our bike frequently or even everyday are the minority of those who ride bikes maybe once in awhile or just to pick up something at the store because they are cyclists just as much as any of us here are.
The thought behind my comment was provoked by one made by Dahon, Steve: "We often look down on motorized bikes but they are clearly an option that needs to be looked at." It seemed to me that there are things other than motorized bikes that get looked down on. But concerning motorized bikes, to bring this back more closely on topic, there are valid reasons other than just not wanting to pedal so much for using them. Perhaps you have ridden for decades or have a disability where a motorized bike will help you to keep riding. Perhaps you pull a heavily loaded cargo trailer and need a little umph in getting up some hills. But we are all riders of bikes and that should be celebrated by everyone.