View Single Post
Old 10-18-17, 06:37 AM
Bonzo Banana

Bikes: Muddyfox Evolve 200, Bicycles4u Paris Explorer, Raleigh Twenty Stowaway, Bickerton California, Saracen Xile, Kona Hoss Deluxe, Vertigo Carnaby, Exodus Havoc, Kona Lanai, Revolution Cuillin Sport, Dawes Kingpin, Bickerton, NSU & Elswick Cosmopolitan

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by yippee
Thanks to all of you for your replies. I put in a Shimano 13-28 7 speed, that should do it. I didn't change the chain. Just can't see how a chain could stretch with such little use, but if I need to change it, no big deal. I got the bike on Craigslist with the idea of keeping it in my trunk and being able to ride it whenever. Actually, though, I've just been riding it on weekends and am very happy with it. I have a road bike that I haven't been on because of the Loop. This thing is just so much more comfortable, with its low stepover to get on and off, its maneuverability and fatter tires for road hazards, storm drains and trails.
For $200 bucks new, I can't figure out why there aren't millions of them on the road.
Didn't realise you bought it from craigslist. I assumed you bought new when you stated just 300 miles. So could actually have done more miles before you got it and you put in the 300 miles? Unless of course the seller stated 300 miles but that may not represent the real distance it has been cycled. So maybe the freewheel wasn't so bad after all and it was just normal wear.

My mistake about the 13T on freewheels, seems common to see 14T freewheels instead on bikes over here in the UK with 13T less common. I mean starting at that cog size.