Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
Why would you assume they are better qualified? If a local job has no driving required to do the job, but someone is able to get the job by first driving to a remote location, then the person driving could be less qualified but still effectively bribe their way into the position by driving to the remote location.

It would be the same thing as passing over a qualified applicant for a job to hire someone into an entry-level position, because you can't find entry level people otherwise. In this way, qualified people would have to apply for the entry-level jobs even though they are more qualified than others getting promotions within the organization. I'm not arguing about whether this is legitimate or not, but it would be a lie to say someone is more qualified than someone else just because they get a promotion, if in fact they aren't, wouldn't it? Or do you just change the definition of qualified to describe whomever management wants to promote for whatever reason?
I don't understand what the problem is ... you're not explaining it very well ... but my guess is this:

A company HQ (located near you) advertised a job.

Now here's where I'm not clear.

A) You applied for the job, and maybe even got an interview, and then discovered that they want someone at a remote location at first with the possibility of moving to HQ later.

This is a relatively common practice because they need people at the remote location, but the remote location is less desirable for one reason or another, or because they want new employees trained up at the remote location for one reason or another.

B) You heard about this job, tried to apply for it, and were informed that it is internal applicant only.

This is also a common practice because the internal applicant only thing is a win-win for both employees and employer. However, as Mobile155 mentioned, if you are very well qualified, you might be able to out-do the internal applicants.

Whichever situation is true ... neither one of them has anything to do with LCF! This is not an LCF topic. This might be a Foo topic or a P&R topic, but it is not an LCF topic.