View Single Post
Old 10-19-17, 12:14 PM
700wheel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by sarals
Hi, @rensho3! Thanks for coming over and saying hi, I appreciated that!!

Worlds was quite an experience. I'm gifted at understatement, too! This was my first year on the track, as many of you know. I acquitted myself pretty well for my first "big" race, too. I was one ride from a likely silver in the F 60+ match sprints. I had to ride three against a really tough competitor whom I had speed on, but she had the experience and the savvy. I missed bronze in two in a row, too, bested by a rider who knew the drill much better than I did. I rode a 14.775 in the 200, which landed me in second place. I rode a 44.072 in the 500, which put me in sixth among the 60+ women. It was also a PB by a half second, and I did it in 86 inch gearing. I rode the 2K pursuit in 3:13 and change, besting my previous time at Districts by almost 11 seconds (and I'm NOT an enduro!). I was seventh overall. I did a team sprint with a mismatched partner. She tried hard, but she was no where near fast enough, and we finished well out of the finals. The same with the team pursuit, and I had a wheel touch in that that I had to ride out, and I did. I did smack every sponge in three and four in the save, though. I'm sure I got style points for that!

Anyway, I wanted to complete the circle from when I first posted here a year ago. I'm a trackie now, a pretty good sprinter for an old lady, and I will be at Nats and Worlds, and several LAVRA's next season, racing with my own kind.

Thanks, fellas!
With those times you would have medaled in at least one event at this years nationals (60-64 age group).
Results for 2017 USA Cycling Masters Track Nationals - USA Cycling

Last edited by 700wheel; 10-19-17 at 12:25 PM.