cycle-dog spot

Bikes: Look, Niner, Ellsworth, Norco, Litespeed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by galen_52657
Dino ol' buddy....

We have Masters 55 + riders that ride a 54 minute 40k in this district. Not too shabby for a small pond.
Are you one of them?

I understand there are many fast older riders. I have been humbled by a couple of 50+ champions myself. But the population of these athletes in your town is much smaller compared to a larger city more oriented towards competetive/pro athletes.

And again I would beg to differ...

High-level running and cycling may not be mutually exclusive. As long as the person doing the running and cycling does not have a regular 40-hour/week job other than running and cycling......
No need to beg or to differ. This was actually EXACTLY the point of my first post.

And it's all relative. A pro trigeek is not going to beat a pro cyclist in a time trial or beat a world-class marathoner in a marathon or beat a world-class swimmer in a long distance swim.
Agreed. Never said otherwise.

And the vast majority of part-time trigeeks are slower on the bike than part-time cyclists.
[/QUOTE]
That is my experience as well. Although the fit, form and style of part-time tri's I frequently is just so bad I often wonder if a bit of coaching would narrow the gap considerably.

Ride hard, stay safe. We really aren't so far off here.

-Z