Old 10-20-17, 11:53 AM
wphamilton

Bikes: Nashbar Road

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2934 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 228 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
Again, you are reading into the question and adding words the OP did not use. Look at the sentence you quoted. It is "Is one producing more watts than the other?"

Not "Is one [more physiologically efficient such that he is capable of] producing more watts than the other [over a given time]?" Which is an entirely different question you seem to be trying to answer.

I'm not saying you and others are wrong, just that it is literally not the question asked.
Two things.

If I have expended 800 kilojoules for an hour, and you have expended 1000 for an hour, yet both of our power meters read 250 watts, which of us produced more power?

Secondly, if my drive loses 5% power between the crank and the ground, and your's loses 2%, and both of our crank meters read 250 watts, which of us produced more power?

If he wanted a simple physics answer to torque/cadence/power that's one thing. From the OP post I infer two questions. IS it a basic physics question (no), and what effect does cadence have on power? Do the crank meters read the same - yes, presuming that they're accurate. Include cyclists in the scenario, as he does, well then there's a difference.