cycle-dog spot

Bikes: Look, Niner, Ellsworth, Norco, Litespeed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by galen_52657
Dude,

You might want to check your census statistic. There twice as many people in the Baltimore/Washington metropolitan area as in your entire state....

My racing district is Maryland, Delaware, Washington DC and northern Virginia...

So who is in a small town????
Hey, I just got called "Dude" by an old guy. I think that's kind of cool.

You seem really good at reading infomation into a post that just isn't there. While missing the important info at the same time.

Portland is of course a small town. Did I ever say it wasn't? What is your point? I am a SoCal native and know what it is like to be in cities where there are high concentrations of high-level and pro-athletes. (big deal, nobody cares, right...) But I can tell you the level of talent here is a huge step down from CA.

My point is that there is both a greater number and a higher percentage of COMPETITIVE and HIGH-LEVEL athletes in areas geared toward sports and where you can train year round like: San Diego, L.A. CO, etc... than in your area.

I've heard that top athletes flock to MD so they can train in the great weather.

Sure you can name a handful of local pros and fast guys from your area, but the vast majority of them are in the Southwest and Rocky Mountain states. Go race or train in an area like this and you will see the difference.

How many people show us to these Tri-rides where you crush the competetion?
How many of them are nationally ranked?
Go to some of the SoCal cities to find out how you really stack up. Otherwise, like I said, big fish-small pond.

-Z