Old 01-03-06, 11:50 AM
galen_52657
Banned.

Bikes: 2001 Look KG 241, 1989 Specialized Stump Jumper Comp, 1986 Gatane Performanc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DinoShepherd
How many people show us to these Tri-rides where you crush the competetion?
How many of them are nationally ranked?
Go to some of the SoCal cities to find out how you really stack up. Otherwise, like I said, big fish-small pond.
So now we are comparing SoCal? What happened to Eugene? little colder and wetter than MD? No doubt California has one of the largest and most competitive USCF districts in the country. But the Baltimore/Washington area in particular and the east coast in general are hardly a 'small pond'. Pennsylvania has a very competitive district (a certain World Champion track cyclist hailed from there I think....) I am sure NYC is plenty competitive. As for my size, I am just a minnow.....

You would be surprised who shows up around these parts on a bicycle -

Brian Walton (Canada) - '96 Olympic silver medalist on the track - lives in Carroll County, MD
Brian Moroni - former Olympic Development Team and Euro trade team cyclist - Howard County native
Ken Anderson - former Canadian Nation Team rider (retired from cycling) - Baltimore
Matt Brick (NZ) - 7 time IronMan and former world duathlon champion - was in Baltimore for 6 months
Ramon Benitez - won Tour of Somerville, NJ (national calendar event) several times - Howard County

and I am just scratching the surface of folks I have bumped into or ridden with