View Single Post
Old 10-22-17, 09:14 AM
keidal

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Tecnotrat - who ?

There is a lot of information on the 'net etc. about this Italian company, but what is the correct information ?

It seems that they manufacture bicycle frames, presumably only "racing" frames and of a good quality. Am I right so far ?
I have seen photographs of their frames with the Tecnotrat decals on the down and seat tubes, including tubing decals.
Do Tecnotrat use their own tubes as has been mentioned, including crimped tubing and made specifically for them, or do they use anyone's tubing as has also been suggested ? Do they manufacture their own lugs, drop-outs, bottom brackets ? Some suggest that they might, some that they buy-in, but I've no idea !

Do they make frames for other frame builders / companies [not only in Italy] and there are many such names mentioned in various places, including those names that are regarded as the very best quality frames ? My suspicion is that they do, but that is my personal opinion.

Names that have been mentioned include Coppi, DeBernardi, Saoronni, Detta [who are they ?] etc.

Can anyone please explain the factual situation, or even have suspicions ? Nobody seems to doubt the quality of these frames !