Old 10-22-17, 02:36 PM
Bandera
~>~

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1112 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 121 Posts
Originally Posted by sarals
@Bandera, yikes...not so much the rain, but the lightning? Oy. Glad you got home okay!
Yep, I am an idiot.

Another front rolled though in the night and instead of springing out of bed, climbing the roof and waving a golf club over my head while standing in a bucket of water I waited until morning. (It was not any kind of good sense preventing that behavior but a sudden extreme Ladder phobia I have seemingly picked up by sub-forum-osmosis.)

Wet roads, a stiff North wind and the skies we get when a Blue Norther rips thorough = winter/wet bike time.
Rigged w/ full mudguards, a plethora of anti-aerodynamic doo-dads & gimcracks it weighs slightly less than my truck and looks like an advert for a 1977 Audax in Northumbria. It's a suitable choice for plodding into a nasty headwind while rain water, automotive fluids, animal waste and toxic sludge sluices inside the fenders. The Brits, for all their other innumerable peculiarities, knew how to fit out a machine for proceeding in relative comfort on lousy wet surfaces at something resembling pace. Meanwhile the Captain Fasts of the world stay in the garage genuflecting to their immaculate Pinnalized-Specerrello Team Shy replicas.

-Bandera

Last edited by Bandera; 10-22-17 at 07:00 PM.