Old 10-22-17, 02:40 PM
badmother

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by linberl
I thought about the Nitto rack (which could easily be adapted) but the issue I see is that the wheels would be too far forward, and the rear wheel is not low enough to the ground with the seatpost fully dropped. The kickstand location is further back so steering by lifting the seat nose would lift both regular wheels off the ground so no interference . I could put much bigger wheels on the Nitto rack (more weight though) but still I think the position is too forward to roll comfortably.

I'm thinking I can get by with a strap temporarily and work on a solution with the kickstand position, trial and error. I don't think it would cost that much to try and configure some options but you are right - I'm gonna have to get the bike first. Leap of faith I can make it work. Unless BF wants to try with me - that's my starting point.

I'm actually think one wheel would be enough to roll it, suspended between the kickstand legs...like the Dahon Qix.
The dahon classic lll also has got that small wheel in the kickstand area. I have recently seen a short video of somebody wheeling a packiT, but the fact that somebody did it and posted a film does not mean it is easy and something you want to do often. Maybe the packiT can get a lot of followers and plenty aftermarket stuff like with the Brompton