Old 10-23-17, 06:58 AM
Jackmen

Bikes: 2014 Giant defy advanced 0 with DI-2, 2013 Blue Triad TT Bike, 2015 Fuji Altamira CX 1.3 Gravel Bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
schwalbe 38 g ones

I have been running 700X38 Schwlabe G ones tubless with sealant on my gravel bike for the last year and absolutely love them. Great tires that roll fast and handle gravel well. Have about 1200 miles of ozark gravel on them and have never had a flat. Looks like the OP got a bad set of tires.

Mine mounted and sealed tubeless very easily. Used Stans sealant and put them on Oval (fuji) branded alloy disc wheels, which I sealed with stans tape. Ive found they run best on gravel at low pressures 42/40 PSI. It helps smooth out our rough gravel. I have several freinds that run the same tire on our gravel and we have all had great results with the tire on gravel. I would strongly encourage people to buy and use this tire for gravel riding and not be scared by this unusual bad tire of the Op.

On the other hand I first bought Panaracer sk Gravel kings for this bike 32X700 and mounted them tubeless, which the factory confirmed where suitable to run tubless. Sorry, the tire never did seal and sealant oozed through the sidewalls and they would deflate in several days. I would not buy panaracer gravel kings unless they have made changes in their tires.