Old 10-23-17, 09:51 PM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by bartek.
As long as you have time and money to experience with various models of the similar products it's possible to base only on experience. Experience of using same item by different riders is relative. This is why it's better to base on absolute numbers (if possible).IMHO.
Whether I try something or not doesn't change the value of X in my previous example. I CAN use another rider's experience with equipment as long as that rider exceeds my equipment needs, and the equipment is not failing that rider. If Rider A is more powerful than Rider B, then Rider A's equipment choices will suffice for rider B, regardless of knowing the failure point of said equipment. That's how relative experience works.

Do you know the failure points of the bikes you purchase? What about the N/Degree of flexion that these frames can sustain? No. You and I and just about everyone else on this board has made many of their most expensive purchases based on the relative information that was received from others. That's why you started a thread asking other people's opinions on bikes that you didn't have any experience with.

Last edited by taras0000; 10-24-17 at 12:58 AM.