Old 10-24-17, 09:54 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,804 Times in 1,801 Posts
@RobbieTunes and @texaspandj, yup, that complete Ironman Master with Shimano 600 group looks pretty sweet. Not sure whether the seller will budge from the price. He's patient and some bikes will list for months before they move, although occasionally he'll drop the price a bit after a month.

Unfortunately I've had some health issues come up recently so I'm pinching pennies until I find out what the VA covers. Sudden spikes in blood pressure and relapse of a pesky old thyroid condition. I'm betting the BP problem is related to the old C2 neck injury from a car crash in 2001. Did some funky stuff to the nerves that can occasionally provoke BP spikes. So I'm taking it easy for awhile and riding the flat bar Univega to see if I might have been aggravating the condition riding the drop bar Centurion.

I might check out that wrecked frame Centurion to cannibalize for parts. Bedford is north of our bus service, so I'd need to bum a ride from a friend to fetch it. Gave my pickup truck to a family member who needed transportation (she lives in a rural area, no bus, taxi, etc.), and I can usually get by on the bike or local bus. But occasionally it's a hassle when I need to travel outside Fort Worth.

I also see a junker in Garland that should be selling for only around $50, assuming the components are good, maybe more if the frame is okay. But he's asking $250. Looks like it has no bar tape, no hoods, the brake cables are flopping around loose, and who knows what else -- the photo is too poor to tell.