Old 10-24-17, 10:15 AM
bartek. 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by carleton
Shimano SPD-SL have been the most popular road and track pedals for decades without providing this number you want. You are the only one I've heard demand it.
You get some examples from me and @divebrain why numbers matters. I like numbers, you don't need them. It's fine.
Most of ss/fixie services in my area don't use numbers either. I remember when I mounted my Sugino77 squar taper bb and I ask how much torque is needed. The guy (and then I checked in few other popular services where I get the same answer) answered nobody cares about numbers, use as much power in your hand as you have and you will be good Yeah...

Originally Posted by carleton
Dude, you come off as one of those, "I know a lot about road riding (which is more complex than track) so track should be easy and I know more than those guys" dude. This is a common misconception.

That's like an electrical guitar player assuming, "Classical guitar is easy. How hard can it be? They don't even use amps! lol "
Never heard this statements before Actually, electrical guitar and bass guitar are more comparable in reference to road/track bikes. And yes, there is a lot of similarities here. Main difference is a technique of playing, not equipment even if you use different strings, amps, speakers, base wood etc etc etc. Same as road/track bike.
(I played on bass guitar in the past and released few records, I wasn't talented player but got good technical background about equipment)