Old 01-03-06, 01:43 PM
MN Dan

Bikes: IRO fixed and 105 roadbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fine, I'm a lurker.
I joined today because I felt guilty. So here's my first post. I have been riding my bike to work since August of 05. I used to ride everywhere in grade shcool, highschool and college then got married and started driving everywhere. Sold my bikes and gradually forgot about it. I live in MN and fish a lot; about 68 days last season. I sat down this summer to step up to the plate and figure out how much money was going down the drain in fuel and repairs on the Suburban and boat. I Couldn't Believe IT!I bought a bike from a garage sale soon after. And then bought a better one. Needless to say, I have loved just letting the truck sit. I order online all the time and I have new meaning in life again. We are a two car family right now, but I have been trying to figure out a way to go down to one. My wife and I work some wierd hours; overnights, early mornings and late evenings. So here is my question: Has anyone out there sold their boat and truck to move to a house/townhome/apartment on a lake? How did you do it? Was it worth it? I could also sell the truck and keep the boat in a Marina but they charge about $2000-2500 per season around here. Any ideas? I long for a simple life but I can't kick the habit(the fish).
Thanks
MN Dan