View Single Post
Old 10-24-17, 07:26 PM
yippee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Flying over the handlebars

Thanks for the photo bargainguy, my version of the Loop has different rims. I do want to mention something that happened to me on Saturday when I was riding on the fire road/trail between Piermont and Nyack, NY. I hit a root or a rock and the tire went left and I kept going straight. I did a flyover the handlebars. Turns out the hex nut securing the front tire (the one you can see when you fold the handlebar) was loose. I landed on my knees and right shoulder, not sure if the bike actually landed on top of me. The flying part is very clear, but the landing and everything else is sort of blurred. I did scrape my knees and landed hard on my right shoulder, but not too bad that I wasn't able to take the bike out again the following day. I made it to Nyack and the guys at Crankworks Cycles helped me to make sure the bike was ok. That hex nut I mentioned was really loose. I was very lucky it happened to me on a dirt trail and not going downhill in the street in another part of my ride where I normally hit 19 mph (per gps) For a guy in his 60's, I was VERY lucky.
Now I'm going to check that hex nut frequently.