Ttoc6
Cat 2

Bikes: Tarmac, Why Cycles R+, Evil The Calling

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 87 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
Pulled off an Ollie last night. Don't think I've even tried that in about 25 years.

As I was pulling in to the neighborhood last night, I saw a group of teenagers on skateboards very unsuccessfully trying to Ollie. I pulled over, rolled down my window, and offered some instruction. They weren't getting it. So, I got out of my car, walked over, and showed them how to do it. I used to skate when I was around 12-14, but I don't think I've ridden a skateboard since.

Amazingly, I pulled it off and landed it on my first try. I was pretty impressed with myself. I also didn't fall or smack my head, another huge accomplishment.

One of the three had it down. The other two were still struggling.
Sweet man! I've been thinking about picking up a BMX bike to tool around on when I'm bored. I have a friend down in Austin, real good crit and fixie crit racer that spends a bunch of time posting videos on Instagram of his bmx riding.

Makes me want to learn something my parents never let me do. Not sure why that artificial bound was put on me.. My brother rides bmx and dj bikes now. Maybe I would have been allowed to and I just never asked...

I digress, but it would be fun to learn to do something that isn't entirely endurance focused.