dagray

Bikes: Orbea Orca,Raleigh Talus 29er, Centurion Le Mans 12 speed

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by ill.clyde
52 degrees this afternoon ... 21 mph winds however

Trying to decide if I pull the trigger on a Kickr Snap for Zwifting this off season ... They're offering 0% for six months til the end of today ... plus free shipping and a $25 Wahoo gift card ...

Look at the BKool Pro or Pro2 (new model as of this year). I have been running a BKool Pro since October 2014, and it works with Zwift and the BKool platform so you have two options in riding. The BKool platform if you have a premium account ($10.00 per month) and a Zwift premium account will auto-import your rides so that you can re-ride routes you liked riding outside. Also you can set a previous ride of yours as a ghost so that you can compete against your virtual self.

I use both the BKool and Zwift platforms with my trainer.

To give you an idea of how the trainer holds up I started at 396 pounds plus bike weight, and I am now down to 350 pounds plus bike weight, and that trainer is still going well today three years later.

The BKool Pro is quiet enough that my wife can watch TV in the same room as me cycling. Also it can give up to 1200 watt resistance.

The BKool software prefers to be its own power meter, but you can sync your heart rate monitor and cadence sensor to it fine, and the Zwift platform will allow you to sync power meter, cadence sensor, heart rate monitor and it will still control your trainer.

BKool Pro on Amazon is $499.00 https://smile.amazon.com/BKOOL-Elect...keywords=BKool