Nonsense

Bikes: Affirmative

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked 541 Times in 237 Posts
Originally Posted by Ttoc6
Back to drugs..

My Antibiotic prescription (that I have had forever) has finally run out. I was looking at how to go about getting some more Amoxicillin (500 mg, not a banned substance btw). Apparently you can get it through some back channel ways in the US, but I'm worried that going one of those routes I'd be introducing an unknown variable of possible contamination.

I was originally prescribed the antibiotic for acne when I was a teenager. That problem more or less went away as I got older but I still had the antibiotics. I now get sinus infections pretty regularly and after having to go to the doctor too many times over the course of my life to just get a prescription for the exact same antibiotics I already had, I started self medicating and lo and behold, a 7 days cycle of the same stuff when I first show signs does a better job than the official prescription + pseudoephedrine that comes 2 weeks too late after I can get into see a doctor. (I only use Sudafed when it gets really bad, I know this is a banned substance in competition.)
I have really awful sinuses and have been dealing with a chronic thing since the spring that has really finally truly OMG gone away. I am finding that a daily super hot steamy shower and flonase are serious lifesavers. Have you tried this sort of preemptive care? Antibiotics screw up your gut pretty badly and impact your ability to absorb nutrition. Generally the less often you have to be on them the better, no?