Old 10-28-17, 11:00 AM
BlackForestTerp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Specialized Diverge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I have a pair of the Assos S7 NeoPro and two pairs of the Assos S7 Equipe (all 3 are less then a year old), and I like the Equipe's more than the NeoPro's. The NeoPro's are good, but the Equipe's just seem to be more comfortable on ride's over an hour. I've ridden 6 hours in the Equipe's without any discomfort at all (though I always use Body Glide for any longer ride as habit from when I used to run before converting to cycling cause of a hip issue). The Equipe's design allows for more space up front for your tender parts, which my riding buddy mockingly calls the 'cod piece', but it's really not that noticeable and is partly why I think those bibs are so comfortable. They both have similar leg compression, which seems tight during your first few rides with them, but they loosen a little up as they age.

I'm fairly new to riding, so measure my comments accordingly. The only other brand I've ridden is Izumi Quest shorts, and I only use those shorts on my trainer - they just aren't comfortable on rides over an hour. Assos has more expensive S7 bib models (Campionissimo, Cento), and I've heard good things about them both, but I'm not willing to throw that much coin into riding apparel.

So long story short, the answer is a 'measured' yes, in that the Equipe's are around $220, and to me are worth the extra $100 dollars over the NeoPro (which are now replaced by the S7 Mille). Also, if you didn't know this already, make sure you check the Assos online factory outlet, that's where I got my NeoPro's for significantly less than other online sites.