Rowinish

Bikes: '86 Schwinn Traveler | '90 Tommasini made Quattro Assi Professional

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
80's Quattro Assi Professional Build

Hey all,

I just recently got my hands on a new bike and found that there wasn't too much info on the forums about these older QA bikes so I decided to share.
From what I could find out it's a Quattro Assi Professional built by Tommasini in the mid 80's with Columbus TSX. I'm not sure what kind of parts came on it but I bought it with a majority of a Dura Ace 7400 group and Campy cranks (62 stamped) and aero levers.

I plan to swap out the levers and re-tape the bars asap and then put on my Vuelta XRP pros.
The bars are beautiful Cinelli ones with the coat of arms stamped on them. Unfortunately one side is pretty scratched from the previous owner changing quill stems. Not sure if there is good method to restore this, careful polishing maybe? But if not I do have a replacement bar and stem set which are slightly newer Cinelli so they aren't that nice chrome finish but instead the anodized.
The decals are in decent shape, but they are cracked from age in some places. I was thinking I might just carefully handpaint the missing bits. I also noticed some more serious rust today on the driveside seatstay and rear dropout. I attempted to sand it a bit with 300grit and there seems to be some pitting and it looks like surface rust might continue under the paint a bit. There were also a few paint bubbles I noticed which I'm a little worried about. I'm not well versed in restoration so I'm hoping someone has some advice. Hopefully I don't need to completely recoat it.
Last note I had was that it sounds like there might be some junk in the fork. Not sure how to get it out or if it's serious. It seems like there isn't really any crazy rusting on the fork, just little spots.

Here's a link to the full album on flickr. Later images show the potential problem spots.