Old 10-29-17, 09:12 PM
GaryDGullett

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie here--Best road bike under $1500

Hey...

I'm new here and still learning my way around the forum. I found my way to this forum thru a google search of dealing with dogs while riding. LOL...But either way, I'm glad I did.

I realize this may be a subjective question and will most likely net lots of opinions. But I am looking to upgrade from a cheap MTB to a road bike. I ride road 90% of the time ranging in distances from 5-10 miles to 20-30. And will undoubtedly ride more once I settle on the right bike. I'm certainly a novice when it comes to biking. My current bike was actually given to me from a friend who rides $$$$ bikes. Since he doesn't have children, he has the extra cash. I, on the other hand, am limited. He rides dirt mostly and travels several hours or more away from home to ride trails. I want something I can hop on at home and ride 3-4 hours. And eventually upgrade MTB's.

Let's hear it...In your opinion, what is the the best overhaul road bike based on comfortability, components, speed, fun to ride factor, and overall value? And any other factors I'm not considering at this point.

What would YOU buy today for $1500 or less???