Old 10-30-17, 12:27 AM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked 2,024 Times in 989 Posts
Originally Posted by liquefied
Looking good except for the wheel decals. Those have got to go!
Originally Posted by Lascauxcaveman
I agree, quiet down the wheels to match the rest of the build and it's pretty dang good looking.
Originally Posted by neamatoad
+1, peel those suckers off. nice build overall, though. nice mix of beauty and utility
Oh, hey now, guys! Don't be a bunch of sticks in the mud! You're missing the humor in having wheels that visually loud on a vintage touring bike (with 'go fast' components).

I've tried picking off one corner (a while ago), and got a few mm square section. Thick decals that are on pretty well. And this wheel not being brand new, there will be a paint intensity difference. I don't want that. I have a newer set of these, with much more subdued graphics (on my Marinoni). Maybe I'll switch one day. I understand where you all are coming from, and you can rest assured that I am not the Desecrator of Revered Steel as shown by all my other bikes. For now though, this Miyata and I are on a mission from God. There is no penguin that has sent me, but I am sent on the penguin-colored bicycle to show all those newfangled steel and aluminum steeds what's what.

Last edited by RiddleOfSteel; 10-30-17 at 12:40 AM.