Old 11-02-17, 01:54 PM
redlude97

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 173 Posts
Originally Posted by T Stew
Difference between 3 beers and none in a week is probably not going to be noticeable. There are some other effects of alcohol on the body but for just weight loss that isnt much carbs but depends. I've been big on hard ciders this year and had one with dinner last night, usually Stella Cidre or Angry Orchard Easy Apple or Stone Dry, all pretty modest calories if you have only one. Last night was Easy Apple which is only 150 calories. I'd sooner cut out an extra cookie or slice of bread/dinner roll or fried/candied food and enjoy the beverage. If you can't handle self control though, and 2 beers/week ends up being a case, well then cut out the 3 beer plan.

I think it was Dr Maffetones book on endurance training and racing that actually suggested to skip water during a meal (and 30 minutes or something like that before & after) but ok to have a nice glass of fermented and dry wine. Water actually dilutes stomach acid and hinders digestion, though seems many folks get this backwards. I don't think beer was mentioned, but as a fermented beverage I'd assume it aids in digestion too (in moderation) and the unfiltered and richer types probably have some phytonutrients and antioxidants as well.

That's interesting... I had been a fan of Raison D'Etre but seems they stopped making it some time ago. I'll have to look out for the "D'Extra" version
No. If your stomach contents are too osmotic, your body will just draw water into the stomach to dilute it.