Old 11-03-17, 03:29 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5892 Post(s)
Liked 2,755 Times in 1,538 Posts
Originally Posted by KDTX
I like this train of thought. I do think there are quite a few "middle of the road" food items that I can do away with and not miss them.

I do think I can apply some of these tips throughout the week to reduce the volume while still be able to enjoy a beer ot two.

I am trying to get all of this mentally set-up now, so when I roll into my diet and training program, I have a workable plan.

One thought I have been toying with is giving myself a weekly calorie limit of alcoholic beverages. I haven't seen anything like that mentioned here. I feel this would create a mindset of "hey, I am allowed to have that, just one or two though". It would also free up some options and not limit the diet to just say vodka and gin. I'm thinking 500 calories/ week for starters and seeing how that goes. I'm thinking those beverages would be a little more carefully chosen as well. Thoughts?...
There's no one answer except that no diet will succeed long term if you feel deprived. So the trick is to find the little things that make it work for you. I've done well using the satisfaction index, along with some awareness of having to make cuts here and there. But you have to take all the suggestions here and elsewhere and craft something that works for you, which may be very different.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.