Thread: Disagreements
View Single Post
Old 11-05-17, 02:06 PM
Diamond
Rain Rider

Bikes: Breezer Beltway (commuter), Co-Motion Deschutes, Specialized Tarmac, Salsa La Cruz (rain bike), Co-Motion Tandem

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Disagreements

As I read the debates on double versus triple chain rings in my last post it makes me think of how divergent our opinions are. Mostly this is fine, if we don't think our answer is right and everyone should be doing what we do, and, if we are polite, then I generally enjoy the different perspectives. I've been cycling for years but I'm still open to learning. For fun though I thought I'd put together a list of things we disagree on:

• Wheels Size - 700C, 26", 650B this debate comes up again and again
  • Disc Brakes - What everyone should tour with or unnecessary and hard to get spare parts in remote areas?
  • STI/Brake Shifter - The only way to shift or completely unreliable and totally inappropriate for tour
  • Triple versus Double Crank - Are triple crank DoDo birds on the way out or the only crank choice for touring?
  • Wide Tires - Is the move to wider tires at lower pressure the right answer for touring or just the latest trend?
  • Panniers - Ortlieb or Arkel? Which is best?

Without debating the above, any other hot topics I'm missing?

EDIT/UPDATE - Wow great input everyone! It is really interesting to see the range of things we disagree on. I think it would make an interesting adventure cycling article.

Last edited by Diamond; 11-05-17 at 04:58 PM.