Old 11-08-17, 07:11 AM
JimShep

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Giant Propel Fork installation (and extra parts)

I bought a bike online and the fork needs to be installed, I think I have it done correctly but I want to make sure. I have read the instructions and searched online but I can't figure out where the extra 'mystery part' is supposed to go.

It is a Giant propel Advance ISP with a full carbon fork. Based on the research I have done it has an integrated crown race so I shouldn't need one. Starting from the bottom I have
  • Lower Bearing (bevel up)
    Through head tube
    Upper Bearing (bevel down)
  • Centering sleeve
  • Dust Cap
  • Thin metal washer (pictured below)
  • spacers
  • Stem
  • spacers
  • top cap

I tried putting the thin metal washer under the dust cap but then there is a small gap between the dust cap and frame. Also, I have a mystery part, a washer with a lip on it. It fits on the top of the stem but will not slide all the way down (It is a tapered fork)

Bonus question – I have extra parts pictured below. I am pretty sure the thing with the metal 'hoses' is for mechanical installation (I have Di2). I think the clips are for the di2 battery holder (I have a holder for an aero seat tube) The gray tube with the three pointed star is a complete mystery though?

On my computer you have to scroll sideways to see the whole image, is there a better way to do it? At least you get enough detail. (edit - The preview was a mess but now that I posted it it looks better)

Thanks in advance...