View Single Post
Old 11-08-17, 06:39 PM
one4smoke

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp SC - 2016 Specialized Roubaix SL4 - 2015 Giant Roam 2 Disc

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 338 Times in 224 Posts
Roubaix Expert Ultegra Di2

Had a little time to kill today before an appointment, so I made a 20 mile ride out to my nearest Specialized LBS just to browse around. Ended up taking a Roubaix Expert Ultegra Di2 for a test ride. One word: WOW! This bike was super S M O O T H! On initial inspection of the new "Future Shock" I was a bit skeptical. I really thought I wouldn't like the movement in the headtube. But once out on the road, I couldn't even tell. It felt just a rigid as any bike without it. But, what was vastly different was all the vibrations from the various potholes, bumps and uneven surfaces that was NOT there! This Future Shock really does the job.

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't mention how smooth the Di2 electronic shifting was. Just a big difference from what I'm used to with my 2016 Roubaix SL4.

Overall, I was super impressed. I spent about 20 minutes on it in less than ideal weather, but could have spent 20 hours easily. I was having that much fun.

Not sure how I'm gonna come up with 5 grand , but I'll definitely be working on it!