Old 11-09-17, 12:52 PM
Ninety5rpm
Banned

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by genec
Nah, I just got really tired of all your negativity... as if nothing real is happening...

Here, I'll throw you a bone to gnaw on... I'm sure you'll just love this one.

Self Driving Bus Crashes in Vegas

This collision, like 90 percent of traffic incidents on our roads, was the result of human error. The truck driver got a ticket from the Las Vegas police. We could see his mirrors the whole time and he should have seen us. But I don’t want to be too harsh on the guy – driving a big truck in Las Vegas is a tough job, and he’s only human. His error could have happened to anyone.

On the other side, the shuttle did exactly what it was programmed to do, and that’s a critical point. The self-driving program didn’t account for the vehicle in front unexpectedly backing up. We had about 20 feet of empty street behind us (I looked) and most human drivers would have thrown the car into reverse and used some of that space to get away from the truck. Or at least leaned on the horn and made our presence harder to miss. The shuttle didn’t have those responses in its program.
https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/s...vegas-account/
The shuttle didn’t have those responses in its program...yet...

Any bets on how soon it, and all AVs, will have those responses in their programs? A matter of weeks or a few months?