scrublover
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Bikes: hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flak
Avid bb5? Apparently just as good as the bb7, just cant adjust the one pad right?

nooooooo! i urge people to run from the bb5....... yeah, one movable, and one staionary pad. BUT. the big difference to me, is that they take totally different pads than the other avid disc brakes. the bb7 and juicys all use the same pads. the bb5 uses a different pad, that many places don't/won't have. much nicer having a brakeset that is easy to get pads at nearly any decent shop.

the other aspect to this is that part of what has made the bb7 so great is the ease of feel adjustability. you lose a lot of that by only being able to adjust one pad. spend the extra few bucks to stick with the bb7 setup, and good full housing runs from lever to caliper, and you'll have a better brake than any other mechanical disc out there.

(disclaimer: i just recently swapped both my bikes out from bb7 setups to juicy-5 stuff. after being a loooooongtime lover of the mechanicals, i can say the juicys kick @ss all over them. love them. i'd not go back to mechanicals unless i had no other option.)