Old 11-13-17, 05:06 PM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Juggy_Gales
I am Testing the Toughroad SLR1 tomorrow... I'd still buy the 2.. but testing the 1 just to get a feel for the frame and style over the other bikes I have tried... I really like the looks of the ToughRoad SLR2.. so if the SLR1 rides nice.. that might be my pick..

Escape 1 is not available for another month.. and I did not really like how the other escape's were equipped.. Id get the Escape 1 or would choose a diff model.

Roam 2 and Roam 1 is in stock.. Though Roam 1 has better components... I don't see why it is $400 more than the Roam 2.. The Roam 3 even felt good.. But I would atleast get the Roam 2.. The Roam 2 is worth the parts. I just wish the Roam 2 had a better color choices.

Talon 2 and 3... Though the Talon 2 has better components.. I am going to stick with the 3X system for now till I am in better shape.. Riding Both.. The Talon 3 is just fine for me if I chose the Talon, I could put a more road friendly tire on it if needed.

The Fastroad SLR1, Though this bike is superior than the others in a few ways.. It is also out of my price range. Being double the price of some of my choices and atleast $300 more than the Toughroad SLR2.. I have not gotten to test this one due to lack of stock availability.. and even if I did.. $1150 is a bit out of my budget for a bike at the moment.
The Toughroad SLR2 is stretching it a bit for me. But If I like it that much.. I will take the Plunge.. If the Toughroad doesn't cut it.. then I will be choosing between the Roam 2 and Talon 3.

Either way, I make my final decision tomorrow.. I will post pics with what I choose..
My Buddy picked up the Talon 3 yesterday when we were at the shop.. he liked the offroad capabilities and felt it would hold up better than the Roam.. I did consider his opinion due to my size vs size of the tires on the Roam.
and the fork of the Roam annoys me.. It's suspension.. but.. like.. not really.. its there.. looks more for show.. If it had a 100mm adjustable fork.. The Roam would be a REALLY great choice for most people in between.
But a true mountain bike will suck for roads and paved trails. If that is what you do 80% of the time or more, I say go for the Toughroad, or maybe the AnyRoad.

BTW, why are you so locked onto Giant? Nothing wrong with them as they are a fantastic manufacturer, but most folks pick the type of bike first, then narrow it down to 3 or 4 similar models from different brands. You seem to be checking out the entire showroom of a Giant dealer.