View Single Post
Old 11-15-17, 01:13 PM
jur

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SurfHenk
As of Yesterday, I succesfully took over the pledge of jur :-)
As someone who was on the fence during the Kickstarter launch, but at that time with rather empty pockets and a need for a folding bike quickly, I am extremely happy to be on board again. I bought at the time a second hand Brompton which is serving me well. But it is evident that the Helix is on paper addressing many of the Brompton's weaker points. Let's hope that reality confirms this once the Helix is out in the wild..
I am thrilled to be able to now follow this up so closely again and can not wait for the Helix to land on my doorstep..
I think you will be a credit to the Helix venture. I have been very critical and even bitter about a year ago. Enough so that Peter asked me personally to stop posting negative thoughts, as it might have a negative impact on his business. I saw that he was correct so I agreed. Since then he has changed his modus operandi about updates and eliminated the biggest gripe, of poorly communicating. Things are going great and the project is now approximately where it was 2 years ago wrt delivery. In the 2 years a huge amount of stuff has happened and most importantly, the Helix seems a far more refined product. So, far from tanking, the project is going very well. Peter has worked himself extremely hard. The next year or so is going to be super critical for generating sales and meeting sale demands.