View Single Post
Old 11-23-17, 01:17 AM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked 2,024 Times in 989 Posts
I am thankful for many things. I realize that even with one C&V bike, I am (very) blessed. Thankful for my health (never to early to be thankful for that!), being in a bike-able city, even with all the construction going on. I am thankful for this forum and for the people I've met and become friends with here online and locally (Recycled Cycles, Bike Works), @Dfrost especially. I enjoy our continual conversation(s) and his input on things and offering me car rides home so I don't have to bother with a super soggy, hilly, eight mile ride home (even if I'd be fine doing it). I am thankful for family--parents, three younger brothers (one married for a few years now, now with a 9 mo. old son who is just fantastic). The cycling community, along with most all my coworkers, have provided great community; something I wish came a lot easier elsewhere (like church, for me). I am thankful for grace, forgiveness, and kindness in others, and for the One who instilled that ability in us in the first place, even as I am not nearly as faithful as I should be. For true hope, especially in an always tumultuous world. I am thankful for my car and its classic Chevy 350 V8; the burble, rumble and roar; the power, the torque, and running it all through a wonderful 6-speed manual. 'Tis the Sound of Freedom (TM).

More C&V related, I am thankful for (currently) nine assembled steeds that I really enjoy in each way. I am thankful for 7400 Dura-Ace, 7700 and 7800, too. For Suntour Superbe and Superbe Pro. Ok ok, Campagnolo, you too! For adjustable brakes, lubricated cables and housings, and indexed shifting. For metal and paint polishes, light wheels, and great tires. I am thankful for the eternal beauty of lugged steel and horizontal top tubes. I am thankful for my job (that is a good one) that helps me keep the habit, er, restoration and preservation efforts going. I am thankful for second-from-top-of-the-line bikes and the hidden (and much lower priced!) gems that they often are.