View Single Post
Old 11-23-17, 04:06 PM
CrazyIvan

Bikes: Cannondale R600 Triple, Me-Mover FIT 2.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have been riding my bicycle regularly for a long time as well as weight training, however about 2 years ago at 78 years old I was having trouble walking, which I, of course, attributed to age, so I almost accepted the fact, if I walk a certain distance my hip would hurt. If I stopped walking the pain would subside, then start again later as I walked further.
That was about the time I got a Me-Mover, and the ensuing acclimation, core, back work. Long story short, the more acclimated I became, the stronger my legs felt, and surprising, my hip pain diminished, and the pain subsided, gone! Now maybe I could have done other exercises for the same results, but I'm not complaining.
Sometimes I have to remember my age when I'm weight training, bicycling, and when I'm riding the Me-Mover, age is the last thing on my mind, especially when I'm fighting a headwind standing on the scooter, sometimes for hours.
When I ride my bicycle I can tell the cross-training has helped my endurance, the way I walk my dog who get's into her predator mode, I adapted.

Last edited by CrazyIvan; 11-23-17 at 04:38 PM.