View Single Post
Old 11-27-17, 09:45 AM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
So "my" E-Bike guy is apparently doing it deliberately-- less than 24 hours after I had flagged his KOM-stealing E-Bike ride, he came back and E-Biked that segment alone-- literally just that 3.5 mile segment. The lightest amount of sleuthing shows that he got the E-Bike on November 11 (as that's when his average ride speed jumped 6mph) so I just went and flagged every ride he's done since the 11th.

Having heard tell of others encountering E-Bikers going out after KOMs, I thought that it was just internet speculation or suspicion. But I can tell you for sure, these people exist. He had gotten into the top 10 on the climbing segments of the Redlands Bicycle Classic TT course, just a week after averaging 13-14mph on flat road.

I imagine there are some out there who are less flagrant about getting themselves onto the leaderboards electrically, and I doubt Strava cares about them either. After all, the leaderboards are a slight step above meaningless. Doesn't mean it doesn't get me senselessly riled up.
Despite hearing similar types of things across a variety of sports, I'm still amazed that people like this can exist. How pathetic do you have to be to cheat in order to "accomplish" something that no one except you will ever care about? And you know you cheated to do it so it's tainted for you. I just don't get it.