Old 11-27-17, 10:01 AM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by OBoile
Despite hearing similar types of things across a variety of sports, I'm still amazed that people like this can exist. How pathetic do you have to be to cheat in order to "accomplish" something that no one except you will ever care about? And you know you cheated to do it so it's tainted for you. I just don't get it.
I enjoy Strava a bit like a fan of any race or sport. It is different, with a different venue and of course not exactly like real racing, but fun as a spectator no mater what. As it is not real-time, I can passively look people up, cross ref results etc.

The word "cheat" needs a lot of definition for me. I didn't see the segment, but generally when a KOM is taken using a motor it is fairly obvious. I don't see that as cheating, rather just being inconsiderate, oblivious, sloppy etc...

KOM cheating for me is when someone does something unusual (motor) in such a way as to move their place without the results themselves being obviously brought into question. I have not seen this personally, although I expect they are there, just that if it was done well - I don't notice :-). When I see someone on a leader board I'll look to see where else they are. I may look up their cycling results. It generally checks out. When it is weird, I'm not going to flag it unless I know a whole bunch more, and I know it is unique.