View Single Post
Old 11-27-17, 12:43 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
2017 Assos T_Milleshorts_S7 Bibshorts
https://www.assos.com/en_m/assos-roa...milleshorts-s7
Price Paid: $159 @ Backcountry
Date Purchased: Sept 2017
Very racy. They claim a less restrictive, regular guy cut but that is because they simply left off about 3" of material on the side and front panels, just lowered the opening. What doesn't exist can't be restrictive, I guess but roadside nature breaks are very easy. Luxurious but somehow plastic feel to the fabric compared to others. The chamois is everything you need, nothing you don't - one density and about the size of the bike seat. OK coverage up front. Great for fast group rides with the big boys.

2017 7Mesh MK2 Bibshorts
MK2 Bib Short Men's
Price Paid: $150 @ 7Mesh
Date Purchased: Spring 2017
Hot. Fabric is a little thicker than most shorts and the chamois is very generous, sewn to a second layer of fabric to form a "hammock" to prevent chaffing. The extra padding and fabric, along with a wide Y shaped yoke contribute to this being a very warm pair of shorts. I cannot use them above 70° f. The Elastic Interface chamois is like riding your old, rich uncle's mid-70's Cadillac - outstanding front coverage and three densities. This is my go-to bib for long, rough gravel rides, but not in Georgia summers. When paired with Castelli Nanoflex knee warmers are about as warm as Nanoflex bib knickers. 7 Mesh size charts are very accurate and can be relied upon.

2017 Rapha Classic Bib Shorts II
https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/c...roduct/BSS02XX
Price Paid: $185 @ Rapha
Date Purchased: Summer 2017
Absolutely beyond comfortable. Chamois is single density and reasonably generous. OK coverage in the front. They disappear when you put them on. I wear these for long days on the road bike. Traditional leg grippers hold Gu packets nicely. Whether they are worth it isn't the point, but I did get them on sale. Free lifetime crash or wear out repair if you buy them from the Rapha site. Size chart at Rapha is very accurate.