View Single Post
Old 12-01-17, 06:26 AM
mrcurly

Bikes: PRN10/E '77 Peugeot, '76 Peugeot PY10 - orsomethingorother, '78 Peugeot ST10, Peugeot '60 PLX10, Bertin '60 something C37, NRS3 Giant dualy, Something very light..

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Nice PX10 Greg, that frame looks like a 52/53?
I recently picked up a P(L)X10 55cm frame, my only worry is my old UO8 is a 57~58 (top tube 56) and I'm around and average proportioned 179cm so the smaller PX frame may not be the perfect fit, how do you find yours and roughly what height are you?
I have my project midway through paint stripping (no chemicals ...I'm a masochist), hardly found a mark on the old 531 frame so far - which is great for a frame of this vintage! At some point it was repainted 80's silver, with undercoat like glue, while it wasn't an attractive finish it probably did a good job protecting the frame.
It will end up looking quite similar to yours, in hammerite blue - though its a '60 so is getting different pug stickers. The 49D/104BIS and simplex group looks quite likely, since i have quite a few of those bits in the spares cave. Cant afford most of the original gear judging by the ebay prices, an original alloy framed ideale seat/setpost and JUY gear would be really nice but not at the current cost...