jtaylor996
INSERT_TITLE_HERE

Bikes: 2016 Cannondale Synapse 105, 2016 Salsa Pony Rustler X01

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by LAJ
I paint with a pretty wide brush when it comes to those cars. Fuji Heavy Industries have some kind of in with Consumer Reports, or something, because those things aren't all that. The newer ones may be better, but I know the 1998-2010 cars were pure money pits, and I don't know how they rank as high as they do. $1200.00 timing belt jobs, and if you're not careful on the DOHC 2.5's, you'll bend a valve just by letting the two cam sprockets rotate a little. It actually allows an intake and exhaust valve to smack each other, and will set a misfire at very light load cruise. Lot's of parts thrown to cure that, with unsuccessful results.

Head gaskets causing mystery hot running issues, wheel bearings, oil leaks from every known orifice, along with the mls head gasket oil leak, and an attitude by the owners that sort of suck.... Present company excluded, and not every Subaru owner is a jerk, but I deal with a lot of them, and the overall smugness equals that of a Pius owner.
My 2010 Forester XT ain't been the more reliable car I've ever had. Stupid turbo oil screens, leaky head, and a radiator that blew up. Suspension issues, too. Not thrilled with how the ABS sensors are mounted, either.

If'n I had money I'd be back in a porsche by now. Thing was a freakin' tank, BY FAR the most reliable car I've ever owned (and that include tracking the thing).