Old 12-13-17, 08:21 PM
autonomy

Bikes: 2012 Canondale Synapse 105, 2017 REI Co-Op ADV 3.1

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghazmh
I tempted fate Sunday morning and mounted my Marathon Winter studded 700x50 tires on my hybrid. I pumped em up to a whopping 12 PSI and ventured to the grocery store with the Nomad happily staying behind me. Plenty of slush and ice to avoid. Afterwards I rode the Charles River path from Waltham Center into Watertown without the Nomad. It wasn't plowed and was almost too much. Knowing a bad decision when I make one the return trip was on main roads, which come to think of it was questionable too.
Right, knowing when to bail is important. Shoulders are full of debris and ice right now. Guess winter has come. I could definitely tell today - quite a brisk commute, almost got blown off on the return. Small moment of Zen in the morning: perfect timing as I crossed the railroad bridge at Alewife with an outbound commuter rail coming through. I did not wave but I think the machinist saw me anyway because the train made a brief toot-toot. Almost nobody on the path on the way back, which made for a nice calm commute.

Saw a guy on an Xtracycle with a frigging snowboard in his rear pannier