View Single Post
Old 12-14-17, 05:33 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4425 Post(s)
Liked 4,071 Times in 2,714 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazyass
What do you think bikes will be like in 20 years? What new things that will be the norm? I predict lightweight internal gear hubs with a lot of gears and an electronic remote shifter paired with single chainrings and belt drives. Derailleurs will be on Walmart bikes.
I think we will probably see more graphene in use with carbon frames and components. Electronic groupsets will start to come way down price wise and have more wireless integration. Batteries will improve as well becoming smaller and longer lasting. I think we will probably see 12 speed drivetrains becoming more prevalent and more than likely even better 1x systems. Post mount disc brakes will probably be on really low end bikes and flat mount will be even more common.

I don't think things will change a whole ton but as technology gets better who knows. I would love to see more IGH/Pinion style stuff on the market that weighs less and maybe has more gearing or sticks to 14-18 but just gets lighter and lighter. It would be cool to have a 22lb steel bike with a Pinion and Rohloff that is durable and low maintenance.