Old 12-15-17, 03:54 PM
kevlar_heart 
Helpless Bike Fiend

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Roubaix SL4 Sport 105, 2021 Felt Broam 30 GRX810, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Sport 105

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SethAZ
Not my intent. I'm fortunate to live in AZ, where we've just entered our prime riding season. Other than the shorter daylight hours, it's ideal. It's 69 F outside right now, sunny, with a lightish 9mph breeze.

Let's see how many miles I get in from June to August. When it's 105-115 F outside you either suffer mightily, or get up well before the crack of dawn during the very months when dawn comes early, or you just don't ride at all.
Nah, I applaud your effort. Yes....great weather to ride in AZ despite the early darkness. As far as riding in the summer, I had a friend in Austin who tried to keep his regular mileage up in July/August....damn near died a few times until the local club guys told him to stop being an idiot and ride in the morning like sane people